The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the components of energy systems?
- Anaerobic (without oxygen)
- Aerobic (with oxygen)
What is Anaerobic?
- Without oxygen
- ATP/PC energy system
- Lactic acid energy system
What is Aerobic?
- With oxygen
- Aerobic energy system
What does ATP stand for?
Adensine Tri Phosphate
What is ATP?
- The energy we use in our bodies
- when were talking about fitness we don't use energy we use ATP
What does ATP/PC energy system stand for?
- ATP: Adenosine Tri Phosphate/ Phospho Creatine Energy system
- Used for a very short duration (1-10 seconds)
- Used for very short, powerful movements
- Does not use oxygen
- Uses stored energy called ATP from inside muscle cells
- ATP= Adenosine + Phosphate + Phosphate + Phosphate
What is Lactic acid energy system?
- Takesover the supply of energy when the ATP/PC system is fatigued
- Usually kicks in from 10 seconds to 2 minutes
- Has a bi product of Lactic acid
- Cannot Provide as much intensity as the ATP/PC system, but more intensity then the aerobic system
What is the Aerobic Energy System?
- Energy (ATP) is generated through the consumption of oxygen
- Used for sub maximal exercise
- Used for low intensity activities that have a long duration