Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the parts of the Urinary System?
- 2 kidneys
- 2 ureters
- 1 urinary bladder
- 1 urethra
Remaining water & solutes after blood plasma filtering
Scientific study of kidneys
Branch of medicine that deals with male & female urinary systems
Describe the Kidney
Reddish, kidney bean shaped organs
Retrioperitoneal – Positioned posterior to peritoneum of abdominal cavity
- Between T12 & L3 vertebrae
- Protected by 11th& 12th pairs of ribs
Right kidney is slightly lower than left because liver occupies space superior
What are the functions of th kidney?
- Regulation of Blood Ionic Composition
- Regulate Blood pH
- Regulation of Blood Volume
- Maintenance of Blood Osmolarity
- Production of Hormones
- Regulation of Blood Glucose Level
- Excretion of Waste & Foreign Substances
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview