Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The genetic information in an organism, usually by using recombinant DNA to add new genes---give the organism a new triat
Taking DNA from two organisms and splicing it together.
Using living organisms to do or make something useful
Bovine Growth Hormone
Inject into cows to produce more milk
How did they prepare the gene for transfer?
- 1. Isolate a gene you want
- 2. Cut the gene out of the cow using restriction enzymes- palindrome
- Tons of different RE which led to all different palindrome
- You would do this for people that need insulin because their body doesnt have enough
- So you take it from someone else and insert it into the diabetic person
- Use to use pig insulin but some people would take to it and end up getting more sick
- Started in 1982
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview