Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- sculpture ['skʌlptʃə]
- a three-dimensional work of plastic art
- creating figures or designs in three dimensions
- create by shaping stone or wood or any other hard material
- 同义词: sculpt
- shape (a material like stone or wood) by whittling away at it
同义词: sculpt | grave
- a painting of a person's face
- a word picture of a person's appearance and character
- 同义词: portrayal | portraiture
- any likeness of a person
- "the photographer made excellent portraits"
- 同义词: portrayal
- portray in words
- "The book portrays the actor as a selfish person"
- make a portrait of
- "Goya wanted to portray his mistress, the Duchess of Alba"
- 同义词: depict | limn
- assume or act the character of
- "The actor portrays an elderly, lonely man"
- 同义词: impersonate
- represent in a painting, drawing, sculpture, or verbally
- "The father is portrayed as a good-looking man in this painting"
- 同义词: present
- vt. 塑造；使发霉；用模子制作
- vi. 发霉
- n. 霉菌；模子
- embroider [im'brɔidə]
- decorate with needlework
- 同义词: broider
- add details to
同义词: pad | lard | embellish | aggrandize | aggrandise | blow up | dramatize | dramatise
- an event resulting in great loss and misfortune
- 同义词: calamity | catastrophe | disaster | cataclysm
- drama in which the protagonist is overcome by some superior force or circumstance; excites terror or pity
[ 复数 tragedies ]
- enact [i'nækt]
- order by virtue of superior authority; decree
- "the legislature enacted this law in 1985"
- 同义词: ordain
- act out; represent or perform as if in a play
- "She reenacted what had happened earlier that day"
- 同义词: reenact | act out
- vt. 颁布；制定法律；扮演
- prelude ['prelju:d, 'prei-]
- something that serves as a preceding event or introduces what follows
- 同义词: preliminary | overture
- music that precedes a fugue or introduces an act in an opera
- serve as a prelude or opening to
- n. 前奏；序幕；前奏曲
- vt. 成为…的序幕；演奏…作为前奏曲
- vi. 作为序曲；奏序曲
- character ['kærəktə]
- an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story)
- "she is the main character in the novel"
- 同义词: fictional character | fictitious character
- a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something
- "the radical character of our demands"
- 同义词: quality | lineament
- the inherent complex of attributes that determine a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions
- "education has for its object the formation of character"
- 同义词: fiber | fibre
- an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
- 同义词: role | theatrical role | part | persona
- a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
- "a real character" , "a strange character"
- 同义词: eccentric | type | case
- good repute
- "he is a man of character"
- a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability
- "requests for character references are all to often answered evasively"
- 同义词: reference | character reference
- a written symbol that is used to represent speech
- "the Greek alphabet has 24 characters"
- 同义词: grapheme | graphic symbol
- (genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes
- engrave or inscribe characters on
- design [di'zain]
- the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan)
- "he contributed to the design of a new instrument"
- 同义词: designing
- an arrangement scheme
- "the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult" , "it was an excellent design for living"
- 同义词: plan
- something intended as a guide for making something else
- 同义词: blueprint | pattern
- a decorative or artistic work
- "the coach had a design on the doors"
- 同义词: pattern | figure
- an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions
- "he made no secret of his designs"
- 同义词: purpose | intent | intention | aim
- a preliminary sketch indicating the plan for something
- "the design of a building"
- the creation of something in the mind
同义词: invention | innovation | excogitation | conception
- make or work out a plan for; devise
- "design a new sales strategy"
- 同义词: plan | project | contrive
- design something for a specific role or purpose or effect
- "This room is not designed for work"
- create the design for; create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner
- "Chanel designed the famous suit"
- make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form
- "design a better mousetrap"
- 同义词: plan
- create designs
- "Dupont designs for the house of Chanel"
- conceive or fashion in the mind; invent
- "She designed a good excuse for not attending classes that day"
- intend or have as a purpose
- "She designed to go far in the world of business"
I don't know how I'll conjure up the money,but I'll pay rent tomorrow
I added an aesthetic touch to the living room with silk flowers