Hazard – Potential to cause injury or loss.
Potential – Likelihood of occurring.
Risk – Reflects both the likelihood that harm will occur and its degree of severity.
Risk Assessment – To set or determine the possibility of suffering harm or loss and to what extent.
- Risk Management – Action plans that take present and potential risks into consideration.
- -Firefighters may risk injury in a calculated manner to save a life that is likely to be savable
- -Firefighters may assume moderate risk to save property that is likely to be savable and is of measurable value.
- -Firefighters will risk nothing to save lives that have already been lost or for property that has already been destroyed.
- Reducing Risk – All members
- § teams of two or more.
§ Maintain member accountability
- § Members shall be in close proximity
- § Monitor radio frequencies
§ Keep the Incident Commander informed
§ Don't Freelance