Chemistry Addition polymerisation
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Addition polymers are formed from alkenes which are monomers
- Polymerisation frequently uses high pressure heat and a catalyst
- The double bond open out to link all monomers together with single bonds
- The electrons in the pi bonds form new sigma bonds
- They go from unsaturated monomers to saturated polymers
Problems with polmers?
- They have non-polar bonds or strong bonds making them unreactive so they are not biodegradable
- Burning them gives off toxic gasses.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview