Peds - Test 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Pathologic narrowing/stenosis of the opening of the forskin?
Ventral curvature of penis that is often associated with hypospadias?
T/F: Vaginal bleeing or milk from breasts can be normal in a newborn?
True - related to the newborns hormones
Urethral opening on ventral surface ?(bottom)
Urethral opening on dorsal surface (top)
If a male 12-16 years hold develops a sudden onset of fever, progressive pain in one testicle, edema of testicle, N/V or dizziness, what should you expect?
- MEDICAL EMERGENCY - prompt intervention is essential!
- -within 6 hrs = 90% can be saved
- -after 12 hrs = 50% can be saved
- -after 24 = only 10% can be saved
Minimum urine output in infants thru school age < 30kg?
Minimum urine output in school age & children >30 kg?
What should be considered in all febrile infants & toddlers?
S/S of UTI?
- *Pain on urination
- *Foul smelling urine
- Bloody urine
- Enuresis (sudden onset in toilet trained children)
Patient teaching if taking Pyridium for UTI?
makes your piss ORANGE
- -usually can't sense bladder fullness
- -don't awaken to void
- -untreated unless > 6 yrs old
- Daytime Wetting (urgency, frequency)
- -May rush to restroom or cross legs
- -often can't sit still
- -may smell like urine
Nursing Interventions for UTI?
- Avoid holding urine
- Encourage juices (4 oz.)
- Cotton underwear
- Sexually active pple urinate b4 and after sex
- Females shouldn't use douches
- Finish Antibiotics
- Don't use bubble baths
Most importan factor for potty training?
Acute Renal Failure: When should you call MD?
If K+ >7mEq/L or heart rhythm abnormalities
Common manifestations of Acute Glomerulonephritis?
- *Edema (spreads to whole body)
- *Hematuria (coca-cola urine)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview