Media and Interest Groups
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How do interest groups try to shape public policy?
- Persue their goals in many areas
- Link citizens to the political process
- Choos sides
When a person has taken an interet group and integrated it into government
What are the fundamental goals of interest groups? 3
- Influence Public policy
- Change laws
- Influence government
What are two basic types of lobbying>
- Regular paid employees of a group
- Temporary hires
List four facts about lobbyist
- A source of informtions
- Plan political legislations
- Plan reelection campaigns
- Source of ideas and innovations
What is litigation?
A civil suit
How is mass media a key linage institution between the people and policy makers?
- Convey the views of the people to governments
- Convey information about government to people
What are 3 ways the FCC regulates the use of airwave?
- Prevents monopoly cotol of market
- Reviews the Performacne of stations
- Issues fair treatment for politicians
What are 5 ways the new media engages in agenda setting?
- Rasing awareness
- Drawing attention
- Providing information
- Getting the attention of government
- Demonstrates the inportance/consequence of a problem
Define Gate Keeper
The one tat influences wat subject become nation political issues and for how long
The person who helps to make political reputations and covers elections
Watches the front runers in campaigns and notes who is worth paying attention to
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview