bio notes 3-12 cont'd
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
how does no life cycle maximize all benefits?
characteristic or stage may improve performance in 1 activity but reduce it in another (trade-off)
what kind of young has small, shorter incubation periods and must be cared for until they can fend for themselves?
what young is larger and can fend for themselves at birth?
how is the parasitic life cycle complex?
- -must overcome host's defenses
- -must be able to disperse to new host while current host is living
- -most have 1 or more intermediate hosts and several larval stages
what clade are believed to be a common ancestor of animals and fungi?
opisthokont, flagellum is single and post
what are some characteristics of sponges?
- -simplest animals
- -lack tissue; have specialized cells (choanocytes, amoebocytes)
- -adults sessile
- -body porous
- -skeletal elements; spicules
- -filter feeders
how do sponges reproduce?
2 groups of sponges?
glass sponges, demosponges
characteristics of placozoans
- -most adhere to surfaces
- -reproduce asexually and sexually
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview