Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Synthetic Catecholimine that primarily acts on Beta 1 receptors but is less potent than isoproterenol
Mechanism of Action
- Increases the force of systolic contraction with little chronotropic activity.
- Useful in management of CHF when increased HR is not desired.
Onset of Action
- Onset: 2-10 min
- Peak: 10-20 min
- Duration: Varies
- Half-life: 2 min
CHF when increase CO without increased HR is desired
Hypovolemic shock when fluid resuscitation is not well underway
- Tachycardia and an increase in systolic BP
- Increases in HR more than 10% induce or exacerbate myocardial ischemia.
- PVC's can occur in conjunction with administration
- Monitor BP
- May be ineffective for pts on beta blockers
- Chest pain
Route of Administration
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview