refractory period of neurons (exam4)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is the time of lost excitability?
time between depolarization and repolarization
what is the length of the refractory period?
- it varies with diameter of neuron
- a) large diameter neurons-> have a refractory period=o.5 msec(millisec)
- b)small diameter neurons-> have a refractory period= 4.0msec
what is the speed of nerve impulse effected by?
presence or absence of a myolin sheath ( see drawing in notes)
what is saltatory conduction?
- nerve impulse jumps from node of ranvier to node of ranvier in a myelinated neuron
- -->faster transmission of nerve impulse
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview