The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
known as mrs. browning's husband
What type of person was he?
- city boy
- had loving parents, only child
Elizabeth Barring Browning
what happened to elizabeth browning?
had an anurism when she was young which caused her to be slightly paralyzed (semi invalid)
- extremely wealthy
- had a house of Torkey
- rich place
- considered english riviera
elizabethr browing was?
confined to her home
How did robert and liz get to know each other?
what do her sonnets have to do with?
her love for her husband
Robert Browning is considered to be ?
a good poet
model for dramatic monologue?
My Last Duchess
My Last Duchess?
- Duke of farar didnt think highly of himself
- he speaks to a messenger to make a deal about a new marriage**getting a new wife
artist of painting in my last duchess
description of duchess?
easygoing personality, it doesnt take much to make her happy
Duke of Farar?
- says she only had everything because he gave her the title
- *he'll never be lower than anyone else
- cocky, thinks highly of himself
how does the duke of farar show off in My Last Duchess?
- shows the man a painting and a statue
- *his possessions- duchess was thought of as just a possession