During Henry VI's short reign, where was England at war with? Why, and also why was this unpopular?
- At war with Burgundy, because Warwick & MofA accepted support of Louis XI on condition that they would join him in war with Burgundy. Feb 1471 - H's government went to war with Burgundy, Edward's ally.
- Horrified English merchants because this would close off markets for England's woolen cloth.
- Also meant Burgundy supported Edward with 50,000 crowns.
- Also Henry's government went to war with Burgundy without consent of Parliament.
- There was every chance that they would support Edward when he returned to England.