Describe nine ways that the nurse functions as a health promoter.
· Model healthy lifestyle behaviors and attitudes.
· Facilitate client involvement in the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of the health goals.
- · Teach clients selfcare strategies to enhance fitness, improve nutrition, manage stress, and enhance
· Assist individuals, families, and communities to increase their level of health.
· Educate clients to be effective health care consumers.
·Assist clients, families, and communities to develop and choose health-promoting options.
·Guide clients’development in effective problem solving and decision making.
·Reinforce clients’ personal and family health-promoting behaviors.
·Advocate in the community for changes that promote a healthy environment.