Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the functions of bones?
Support, Protection, Movement, Mineral storage, Blood cell formation, Energy storage
Where are fibrocartilage, elastic, and hyaline cartlilage found?
- Fibrocartilage: Intervertebral discs, pubic symphysis, meniscus
- Elastic: Outer ear, epiglottis
- Hyaline: nose, larynx, costal cartilage (ribs), trachea, embryo skeleton, articulating cartilages
What kind of cartilage are found in embryos; in adults?
- Embryos: hyaline cartilage
- Adults: more rigid bone (ossified cartilages)
What are mature and young cartilages cells called?
- Mature: Chondrocytes
- Young: Chondroblasts
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview