Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
positive and negative forces that can disrupt the body's equilibrium
Physiological responses to stress
- alarm: secretions from adrenal gland sharply increase creating the fight or flight response
- resistance: directs stress to a particular body site
- exhaustion: refers to an entire organ system or single organ becoming dysfunctional and diseased
- acute: threat is immediate - alarm stage
- chronic: involves resistance and exhaustion phase
Athlete who is unable to perform for long period responds with 5 reactions:
- Denial or belief
- Acceptance of the situation
Which athletes are most prone to injuries?
athletes who are anxious, tense, restless and nervous
The psychological aspects of sports rehabilitation must include the following:
- a sense of cooperation
- exercise rehab as an educational process
- competitive confidence
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview