Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Fetal alcohol effects
- a condition in which children display
- some, although not all, of the problems of fetal alcohol syndrome due to
- the mother's consumption of alcohol during pregnancy
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- incurable condition found in some children of mothers who consumed
- alcohol during pregnancy. Includes a wide range if physical and mental
- disabilities that last a lifetime.
Low Birth Weight
- is weight of less than 5 pounds, 8 ounces at
- birth. May have serious health problems as newborbns and are at greater
- risk of long term problems
the sudden death of a baby under one year of age with no clear cause
an infection caused by a parasite
occurs if the developing baby doesn't develop normally and dies prior to the 20th week of pregnancy
occurs if the developing baby doesn't develop normally and dies after the 20th week of pregnancy
Any damage to the fetus durring development that threaten the baby's health or even their lives
sound waves which allows doctors to create a picture of an unborn baby called a sonogram.
- process of withdrawing a sample of amniotic
- fluid surrounding the unborn baby . Used to test for evidence of birth
- defects and other health problems
Chorionic Villi Sampling
uses a sample of the tissue from the membrane that encases the fetus to check for specific birth defects
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview