Bio Test 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Holds the long digestive tube.
- divided into two parts
- •thoracic cavity contains the heart and lungs
- •abdominal cavity contains the stomach, intestines, and liver
- A group of cells of the same type that perform a particular function.
- Four general classes of tissues
Body structures comprised of several different tissues grouped together into a larger structural and functional unit
11 Organ Systems
•immune and lymphatic
Protects the tissues beneath them from dehydration
- Provides sensory surfaces
- •many of a vertebrate’s sense organs are
- modified epithelial cells
- Secretes materials
- •most secretory glands are derived from pockets of
- epithelial cells
Connective Tissue Cells
- Defense (Cells of the immune system)
- Support (Cells of the skeletal system)
- Storage & Distributuon (Blood & fat cells)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview