Digestive System 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is another name for the GI tract?
What is the GI tract made of?
- oral cavity
- small intestine
- large intestine
What are the accessory digestive organs?
- salivary glands
What are the six functions of the digestive system?
What is the space between lips and gums?
What's another name for the lips?
How are the lips attached to the gums?
What is the partially digest material called once you swallow?
What attaches the tongue to the bottom of the mouth?
How much saliva is secreted each day?
What are the three salivary glands?
- parotic: largest, anterior and inferior to ear, infected with mumps, has parotid duct
- submandibular salivary glands: gleeker
- sublingual salivary glands: inferior to tongue and internal to the oral cavity mucosa
Which nerves innervate the submandibular, sublingual, and parotid glands?
- facial nerve (7): submandibular and sublingual
- glossopharyngeal (9): parotid
How many deciduous and permanent teeth are there?
20, then 32
What three skeletal muscle pairs for the wall of the pharynx?
superior/middle/inferior pharyngeal constrictors. innervated by vagus nerve (10)
What are the intraperitoneal organs?
- jejunum and ileum
- most of large intestine
What are the retroperitoneal organs?
- ascending colon
- descending colon
What holds the large intestine down?
What holds the liver to the anterior internal abdominal wall?
What are the four tunics, from deep to superficial?
- either adventitia or serosa: adventitia in retroperitoneal portion of duodenum, serosa covered by visceral peritoneum
What is the place where the esophagus passes through the diaphragm?
What is swallowing called?
What are the four regions of the stomach?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview