Plants & Humans
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
organisms that use light energy to make organic compounds
- CO2 + H2O ------> C6H12O6 + O2
- raw ingrediants light sugars waste product
What are photons?
packets of energy
How is the wavelength proportionate to the amount of energy that it contains?
The energy of a photon is inversely proportional to the length of the wavelength
How do pigments work (in general).
pigments absorb light. they reflect the wavelength of light which are not absorbed.
Label a Chloroplast
What colors are the accessory pigments?
- Carotenoids- reds, orange, yellow
- Anthocyanins- red to purple
What is Vitamin A
What are the two reactions in photosynthesis?
Light reaction and Calvin cycle
Which stage is water split?
Which stage is water released
Which stage is ATP synthesized?
Which stage is glucose produced?
Equation for cellular respiration
- (glucose) + O2 ----->>> ATP + CO2 + H2O
Where does cellular respiration begin and end
begins in cytoplasm ends in mitochondrion
The differences between anaerobic and aerobic respiration
What are biofuels and biodiesel?
- biofuels are made from biomass (organic matter)
- biodiesal is made from vegetable oils, animal fats or recycled greases
What does alcoholic fermentation produce? How many ATP's made?
- produces ethyl alcohol and CO2
- 2 ATP's
What happens in each stage of cellular respiration (how many ATP’s produced also, where iscarbon dioxide produced, etc.)
- 1. glycolysis-2 ATP
- 2. krebs- 2 ATP
- 3. electron transport chain- 34 ATP
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview