Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the components of Rational Emotive Therapy?
- Direct instruction
- Logical Disputation
how does Beck change beliefs
- (cognitive therapy)
- empirical hypothesis testing
- Socratic questioning
- More collaborative than RET
what is the maladaptive cognitive triad?
- Beck's view of depression
- Negative view of self, world and future
what is Meichenbaum's theory?
Cognitive Behavior Modification
what is Rehm's theory?
Self-Control Model of Depression
What are the 3 components of Rehm's theory of depression?
- negative self-evaluations
- lack of self-reinforcement
- high rates of self-punishment
What is Marlatt's theory on Relapse Prevention?
- views addiction as over-learned habits
- relapse is inevitable
- Identify triggers: environment, interpersonal situations
- Learn coping skills
According to Marlatt what is the most common trigger?
Negative internal state
There are three types of modeling in Social Learning Theory - Symbolic, Live In-vivo, and Participant... what are they?
- Symbolic modeling - observing a model on a film
- Live In-Vivo - observing a model in real life.
- Participant modeling- model guides the person (this is very effective for kids with phobias)
What is the "dialectical" in Linehan's DBT?
The need for simultaneous "acceptance" and "change."
What are the 4 conditions pts receiving DBT need to agree to?
- 1. Work in tx for specific period and attend all sessions.
- 2. Decrease suicidal behavior
- 3. Work on tx interfering behaviors.
- 4. Attend skills training
What skills are taught in skills training of DBT?
- interpersonal effectiveness
- emotion modulation
- distress tolerance
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview