The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 3 big ideas for Endocrine?
- Endocrine is a system of a complex relationships. Always support the whole as well as the parts.
- Respect the endocrine individuality of each person.
- Always address the foundations first.
5 classes of lipid and water soluble hormones & identify components of each?
- Lipid Soluble: Steroid hormones (derived from cholesterol); Thryoid hormones (iodine atoms + tyrosine)
- Water Soluble: Amines (modified amino acids); Peptides and Proteins (chains of amino acids); Eicosanoids (derived from
- fatty acids)
Describe how each of the foundations supports the Endocrine system.