The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
to caution; warn
good-natured, playful talk
to come together for different directions
an insult to one's pride or self-esteem
an ending of existence
the time, place, and culture in which the action of a story occurs (time, place, season, and customs or community)
Setting: Details of Time
- Portable radios with earphones help place story in 1950s.
- James Dean, an American film actor, died in 1955.
- The Brooklyn Dodgers lost the World Series six times between 1941 and 1953.
Setting: Details of Place
- the Brooklyn Bridge
- the Yankee Stadium
- the Brooklyn subway
Setting: Details of Season
- The Doris and Elaine looked up at the autumn sky talking about death and James Dean
- The World Series takes place during autumn.
Setting: Details of Customs or Community
- The whole community watches baseball.
- The teachers let the students listen to the radio.