MGMT 340 CH_13
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
contrasting leadership and power
- power does not require goal compatibility, merely independence
- leadership requires some congruence between the goals of the leader and tose being led. focuses on downward influence on followers
bases of power
formal power is based on an individual's position in an org, can come from the ability to coerce or reward, or from formal authority.
dependency increases when the resource you control is important, scarce, and nonsubstitutable
9 influence tactics
rational persuasion - presenting logical arguments and factual evidence to demonstrate a request is reasonable
is wrong and it can be costly to employers
in org consists of activities that are not rquired as part of an individual's formal role but that influence, or attempt to influence, the distribution of advantages and disadvantages within the org
impression management techniques
the process by which individuals attempt to control the impression others form of them
impression management techniques ii
- avoiding action
- overconforming, buck passing , playing dumb, stretching, stalling
- avoiding blamebuffing, playing safe, justifying, scapegoating, misrepresenting,
- avoiding change
- prevention, self-protection
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview