The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord andSaviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worsewith them than the beginning.
- 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after theyhave known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
- 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his ownvomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
- And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow,making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;7 ¶ And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
- 8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteoussoul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
- 9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
¶ The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but islongsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come torepentance.
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as theywere moved by the Holy Ghost.
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us toGod, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example,that ye should follow his steps:
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, untoobedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhortingone another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shallhe appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightlydividing the word of truth.
- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, forcorrection, for instruction in righteousness:
- 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, bythe washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
- For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
- 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously,and godly, in this present world;
- Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our SaviourJesus Christ;
- 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself apeculiar people, zealous of good works.
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh,justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world,received up into glory.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;