The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why is a health history important?
- -Covers some of the same topic as the medical history
- -Provides guidance for care
- -Includes subjective and objective data
What do we look in a health history?
- -Cultural Status
What information is gathered in a health history?
- -Biographical information (DOB, Religion)
- -Chief Complaint (Reason for seeking help)
- -History of Present Illness (Length, Affect on health)
- -Perception of health status ("Will I ever be normal?"
- -Expectations for care (providers)
- -Past medical history (diseases)