Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Patients with with spinal cord injury at ____ area will lose thier ability to breathe entirely?
Signs and symptoms of Chest injury
- Pain at the site of injury
- Bruising to the chest
- Hemoptysis ( coughing up blood )
- Cyanosis around the lips or finger nails
- Rapid, weak pilse and low blood pressure after experiencing trauma to the chest
- Crepitus wen palpation of the chest
The spitting or coughing up of blood, an indication that the lung itself or the air passages have been damaged.
How do you stabile a chest injury and stabilize paradoxical motion?
Large bulky dressing and 2" tape. Oxygen 15L non rebreather. Provide positive pressure ventialtion if needed.
Apply and occlusive dressing to all penetrating injuries.
Accumulation of air in the pleural space.
Blood can collect in the pleural space from bleeding around the rib cage, or from a lung or great vessel.
What is the lining around the lungs?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview