Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does EO stand for?
What is an EOR?
Equal Opportunity Representative
What rank should an EOR normally be?
SGT (P)through 1LT
What Army Regulation covers the EO program?
AR 600-20 chapter 6
What are the goals of the EO program?
- 1. Provide EO for military personnel and family members, both on and off post and within the limits of the laws oflocalities, states, and host nations.
- 2. Create and sustain effective units by eliminating discriminatory behaviors or practices that undermine teamwork,mutual respect, loyalty, and shared sacrifice of the men and women of America's Army.
What are the three policies each commander is required to publish and post on equal opportunity?
- Written command policy statements for EO
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment
- Equal Opportunity Complaint Procedures
Soldiers are required to have how many periods of EO training per year?
4 (1 each quarter)
Define the term ethnic group.
A segment of the population that possesses common characteristics and a cultural heritage based to some degree on:faith or faiths; shared traditions, values or symbols;literature, folklore, or music; an internal sense of distinctiveness;and/or an external perception of distinctiveness.
Define the term racism.
Any attitude or action of a person or institutional structure that subordinates aperson or group because of skin color orrace.
Describe minority group
Any group distinguished from the general population in terms of race, religion, color, gender, or national origin
What is an Affirmative Actions Plan (AAP)?
A management document that consists of statements of attainable goals and timetables. This document is required ofall Army organizations, commands,agencies, and activities down to brigade (or equivalent) level. It is designed toachieve EO for all military personnel.
What action does the Army take against off-post activities, including housing and public accommodations,which arbitrarily discriminate against members of the Army and their dependents?
Off limits or off limits sanctions may be applied.
Who is the primary source for solving EO complaints?
Your Unit Chain of Command
What is the Army's written policy on EO?
- 1. Applies both on and off post, during duty and non-duty hours.
- 2. Applies to working, living, and recreational environments (including both on and off-post housing).
What is the primary channel for correcting discriminatory practices and for communications on equalopportunity matters?
Chain of Command
Does every unit have an EO representative?
Yes, each Commander is required to appoint an EOR in the rank of SGT (P) through 1LT.