The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the 11 systems?
- 1. Integumentary system (skin).
- 2. Muscular system.
- 3. Skeletal system.
- 4. Nervous system.
- 5. Excretory system (nitrogenous wastes).
- 6. Digestive system.
- 7. Immune system.
- 8. Cardiovascular system.
- 9. Reproductive system.
- 10. Lymphatic system.
- 11. Endocrine system (hormones).
what are excitable cells that conduct impulses?
what is the structure of the neuron?
- -The plasma membrane of the neurons is called the neurelemma
what are dendrites?
cell processes that receive impulses
what is the soma?
the "cell body" that ocntains the nucleus and the bulk of the cytoplasm.
what is the axon
process that carries the impulses away from the soma
impulse conduction is one way from the_ to the _.
dentrite to axon
what is the NA/K pump?
- active transport systems for excited cell membanes.
- -sodium is transported from inside of membrane to outside