Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
- 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
- 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
- 9 ¶ Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
- 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
- 11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
- 12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
- 13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
The New Covenant
The Promise of a New Covenant guaranteed that the Old Covenant (and the Law), would pass away; know that it was inaugurated at the death of Christ, but will see its ultimate fullment in the complete restoration of the Jews as God's covenant people in the Millennium; and know that it is undconditional, unchangeable, unending, enabling, atoning; that it gives new hearts (rather than new rules) through the regeneration the Spirit; and that it brings the forgiveness of sins.
Chief of staff of Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar and was instructed to treat Jeremiah with kindness after the Fall of Jerusalem;
The chief temple priest who had Heremiah wipped and put in stocks
False prophet who opposed Jeremiah, declaring God had broken the yoke of Babylon
Destruction of Jerusalem
Hosea's wife who was a prostitute
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview