Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Tropical Deciduous Forests
- Example- Madagascar, Northern Mexico, New Caledonia, Eastern half of North America, Middle of Europe
- Abiotic characteristics- a long dry season, droughts
- Biotic characteristics- broadleaved trees, oak, chestnut, elm, walnut trees, shrubs. Squirrels, lizards, frogs, raccoons
- Example- east Africa, South America, Brazil
- Abiotic characteristics- found between desert and rainforest biome. A lot of rain in the summer. Warm climate, dry and wet season. Usually near equator
- Biotic characteristics- shrubs, grasslands, elephants, baboons, zebras, lions, crocadiles
- Human impact
- Example- Sahara Dessert
- abiotic characteristics- little rainfall, very hot
- Biotic characteristics- few plants. Lizards, snakes, owls, coyotes
- Human impact- drilling for oil
- Example- “Wild West”, California
- Abiotic characteristics- very hot and dry terrains
- Biotic characteristics- shrubs, cacti, alligators, lizards, rabbits, coyoytes. Large leaves to hold moisture
- Human impact- many destroyed for urbanization
- Example- Prairies in the Midwestern United States
- Abiotic characteristics- terrain. Dry climate
- Biotic characteristics- herbs, flowers grasses
- Human impact- cut down to make room for settlers
Temperate Deciduous Forests
- Example- Eastern United States, Europe, Japan
- abiotic characteristics- four seasons, warm summers and cold winters. Plenty of precipitation
- Biotic characteristics- raccoons, foxes, deer's, insects, hawks.
- Example- Canada, Russia, Eurasia
- Abiotic characteristics- very cold winters, short summers.
- Biotic characteristics- Pine trees, evergreens. Wolverines, weasels, minks,
- Example- Artic Tundra, North Pole, Antartica
- Abiotic characteristics- freezing temeratures. Frequent snow.
- Biotic characteristics- few plants are able to survive the low temperatures. Polar bears, wolverines, deers.
- Human impact- global warming is causing it to melt