INTRO To VN Obj. 40-41
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Disasters can be internal or external.
Internal disasters are be _____...
External disasters are be _____...
Internal = Utility interruptions, chemical spills, etc.
External = Outside the agency. (Natural Disasters i.e. Earthquakes, Floods, Hurricanes, etc.)
1.) Disaster Manuels in every agency.
2.) Staff will be asked to come in
3.) Codes that are commonly used are.. Code Red, Code Blue, Code White, Code Pink, and Code Purple.
- 1.) Code Red: Fire Emergency
- 2.) Code Blue: Medical Emergency involving an adult
- 3.) Code White: Medical Emergency involving Pediatrics
- 4.) Code Pink: Infant Abduction
- 5.) Code Purple: Child Abduction
1. Know were the fire extinguishers are.
2. RACE stands for..
- R: rescue or remove patient from danger
- A: alarm
- C: contain the fire
- E: extinguish
1.) Know what type of extinguisher should be used for each type of fire.
2.) Remember to use P. A. S. S. when using the extinguisher
- P: Point
- A: Aim
- S: Squeeze
- S: Sweep
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview