Package tourism Costa Blanca
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the resources of Tourism, i.e why do people come to Costaa Blanca?
Primary:hot Dry summers
What are the benefits?
- -500,000 visitors year. £30 spent
- -750.000 jobs (multiplier effect)
- - Lower crime rates (police around the town)
- -New Infrastructure : Alicante airport, Benidorm and Madrid linking road built.
- - Recycled water for irrigation means citrus fruit exports - diversifying economy supported.
- -Visual pollution: High rise hotels look weird with traaditionl buildings and materials.
- - Seasonal low paid jobs:mainly stuff like litter picking
- -Water : Dry summers (1-cm rain a year) - tourist consumption doubles locals'
- - Litter -50,000,000 tonnes of waaste a year. Bd for environment
- - Second home owning increase : hyper seasonality, unreliable threshold population for local services like shops
Stuff done to manage the environment
- Litter bins emptied reguarly, promenades swept
- Chemicals added to sea - maintain water quality
- Police patrol beach - cleaned by hand every day
- Walking is encouraged -to walk to beach, central area pedestrianised.
- National park - at end of peninsula to protect area
Other Stuff done for management
- Height of hotels restricted, maaterials must blend with environment
- Attract people all year round - cheap winter dels for oldies
- Theme park -reduces honey pot effect
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview