The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are mollusks?
- Mollusks are soft bodied invertebrates that usually have a shell.
- Most have an open Circulatory system
- Large, muscular foot
What is the mantle on a mollusk?
A thin layer of tissure that covers it's soft body, secrets the shell
What is the Radula?
Rows of teethlike projections that scrape food.
what are gills?
What mollusks that live in the water have them. They are organs that exchange CO2 and oxygen from the water)
What are the types of mollusks?
Gastropods, Bivalaves, Cephalopod
What are gastropods?
- must have one shell
- live in water or on land
- move using muscular foot
- glide on mucus
- Examples: snails, conchs, slugs
What are bivalves?
- two shells joined by a hinge
- live in water
- filter feeder
- muscle opens and closes shell
- Examples: scallop, clam, mussel
What are ceohalopods?
- internal plate instead of a shell
- foot is divided into tentacles with strong suckers
- closed circulatory system
- move by pushing out water
- Examples: Cuttlefish, octopus, squid, chambered nautilus