HFRS Firecraft 001:Water Supplies
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the water distribution network
What is water hammer?
Water passing through a pipe has weight & speed. Stopping (checking) this flow suddenly turns into pressure which has to be absorbed by the pipe and fittings. The sudden shock could burst or damage the water main.
List 7 points to remember when opening a hydrant.
- Open slowly
- Close slowly
- Ensure valve closed after use
- Check frost valve works
- Ensure pit left clean and dry
- If flooded do not remove standpipe until valve closed
- Do not remove standpipe where supply fails or not available until valve is closed
List the classes of hydrant
- Class A: Standard use - non motorway class roads
- Class B: Motorway class roads
- Class C: Emergency Water Supplies
- Class D: Meter Bypass
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview