Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Qualitative Change= the way babies think about the world changes as they mature
Invariant sequence- all humans go through the same stages in the same order about thinking about the world.
Stages= sensorimotor, preoperational, concrete operations, formal operations
stage 1. of Piaget's theory
- seome perceptual abilities, reflexes, basic learning mechanisms, organize sensorya nd motor behavior
Stage 2 of Piaget's theory
- Preoperational. 2-7 y/o
- Understanding symbols- language, mental imagery, ect
- Failure to grasp logical reasoning.
Stage 3 of Piaget's theory
- Concrete Operations. 7-12 y/o
- Reason logically about concrete objects and events
- Unable to reason abstractly
Stage 4 of Piaget's theory
- Formal operations. 12+
- Can think logically about hypothetical situations
- when mean median and mode are not the same.
- Occurs when there is a large outlier. Averaging the salaries of normal people and factoring in Opera.
started the study of facial expressions
components of language
- Phonemes- distinguishing speech sound
- Morphemes- smallest unit of speech
- Syntax- organization of words
- Pragmatics- I'm sorry my dog bit you
- the theory of leisure class.
- Self respect depends on how much neighbors respect you
How you feel
what is going on in your body
The Belmont Report
- Governs research.
- 1. Respect for Subjects.
- 2. Beneficiaries
- 3. Justice
Milgram's Obedience Study
man kept pushing button to give another an electric shock
Hypothermia at DDachu
the Nazis did an experiment but it was declared moot because of how it was conducted
John Locke thought babies were born as blank slates- only with senses
Able to test what babies know based on what they loook at and for how long.
- 1. Piaget understimated infants cognitive abilities
- 2. Infants have sophisticated knowledge about objects
- 3. Infants can understand a lot younger than Piaget thought
showing an emotion for a split second
- 1. Causes another to let them know they inflicted a high cost.
- 2. attempt to change the other persons welfare with yours
Theory of Mind
Interpret, predict, and explain the actions of others in terms of underlying mental states
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview