Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the rising of the moon?
lady isabella augusta gregory
the rocking horse winner?
A cup of tea?
The duchess and the jeweller?
The Naming of cats?
Musee des beaux arts?
The Unknown Citizen?
What i expected?
Do not got gentle into that good night?
- novels considered to be racy, were banned
- writes in stream of conciousness
stream of consciousness?
reading his thoughts and emotions
- premier irish writer
- father was alcoholic, joyce died of it
- mentally ill
- drowned herself
- modernist poetry
- helped to define the contours of modern poetry
originally british who became an american
created humanistic works
- died from alcoholism
- set a new standard for modern poetry
- american who became a british citizen
- **ex. T.S Eliot
where is T.S eliot buried?
Odd about Eliot's poetry?
- very hard to understand
- very obstuse
What happens in dont go gentle into that good night?
- Thomas is telling his dying father to go out with a fight
- *dont just burn out and die
What is happening in the painting with musee des beuax?
- icarus is drowning and nobody cares
- **human nature in general does not care
What is what i expected about?
what he expected of war is different from what he sees
The Unknown citizen is about?
- the perfect citizen blends in, follows the course of life
- *does everything right in society that hes supposed to be doing
The naming of cats is about?
- cat has 3 names
- practical name
- flowery name
- name the cat knows itself but wont tell anyone
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview