Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
rougher, non living, lignen, made of cellulose
rigid but flexible
oily first living portion lots unique protiens
regulates the in and out of cell
- Living portion
- all of the inside of cell including plasma membrane
all nonliving parts of cell
the liquid that fills inside of cell surrounds all organelles
includes all of cytosol except the nucleus
communication between cells, the doorways they are in the cell walls
contains genetic information controls enzymes produces protiens
- biggest area in cell
- Isolating materials that might be harmful or a threat to the cell
- Containing waste productsContaining water in plant cells
- Maintaining internal hydrostatic pressure or turgor within the cel
- lMaintaining an acidic internal pH
- Containing small molecules
- Exporting unwanted substances from the cell
- Allows plants to support structures such as leaves and flowers due to the pressure of the central vacuole
- In seeds, stored proteins needed for germination are kept in 'protein bodies', which are modified vacuoles.
- Transport of proteins
- manufactures protiens
- the Golgi apparatus packages proteins inside the cell before they are sent to their destination; it is particularly important in the processing of proteins for secretion
- The Golgi apparatus is integral in modifying, sorting, and packaging these macromolecules for cell secretion
are organelles found in plant cells and other eukaryotic organisms that conduct photosynthesis. Chloroplasts capture light energy, store it in the energy storage molecules ATP and NADPH and use it in the process called photosynthesis to make organic molecules and free oxygen from carbon dioxide and water.
- cellular respiration
- The most prominent roles of mitochondria are to produce the energy currency of the cell, ATP (i.e., phosphorylation of ADP), through respiration, and to regulate cellular metabolism. The central set of reactions involved in ATP production are collectively known as the citric acid cycle, or the Krebs Cycle. However, the mitochondrion has many other functions in addition to the production of ATP.
away from water
attracted to water
is the durable process by which a cell directs the contents of secretory vesicles out of the cell membrane. These membrane-bound vesicles contain soluble proteins to be secreted to the extracellular environment, as well as membrane proteins and lipids that are sent to become components of the cell membrane.
is a process by which cells absorb molecules (such as proteins) by engulfing them. It is used by all cells of the body because most substances important to them are large polar molecules that cannot pass through the hydrophobic plasma or cell membrane. The process which is the opposite to endocytosis is exocytosis.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview