The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Signs and symptoms of peritonitis
- Abdominal pain
- Muscular spasm
- Nauseous and vomiting
Abdominal injuries signs and symptoms
- Firmness on palpation of the abdomen
- Decreased blood pressure
- Abdominal tenderness
- Pale, cool, moist skin
What do the organs hang on?
Care for a pt with abdomimal injury
- 1. Log roll onto a back board
- 2. Protect the airway
- 3. Monitor vital signs
- 4. Administer oxygen
- 5. Treat for shock
- 6. Prompt transport
If your seat belt lies to high what happens?
Squeezes the abdominal organs or great vessels against the spine (lumbar area)
Internal organs or fat protruding through a abdominal wound?
How do you control a male genitalia bleed?
How do you transport a pt with supine hypotension syndrome?
Care for a pt with a penetrating injury
- Check the back and sides for an exit
- Apply a dry, sterile dressing to all open wounds
- If the object is still in place apply a stabilizing bandage