presidents - nixon
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
policy to relax tension between the US and communist bloc
increase in prices and fall of purchasing value
carl bernstein/bob woodward?
reporters for the washington post who broke story about watergate
the value of imports is greater than exports
- strategic arms limitation treaty
- limited the number of ICBM's and submarine launched missiles
- restricted the development of defensive missible systems
put in place against US by Arab nations because they wanted the US to stop supporting Israel
- organization of petroleum exporting countries
- *13 countries involved
nixons national security advisor
ping pong diplomacy?
a cultural exchange with china to help support nixon's plan to better our relationship with china
a mediator would travel back and forth between countries for negotiations; used in middle east
- used in SALT I
- if both sides have nuclear weapons, then neither side would attack
yom kippur war?
- US supported israel
- led to the oil embargo against the US by OPEC
- travel and trade restrictions were lifted
- nixon was 1st pres to visit
- scandal involving nixon
- said that nixon had approved plans to pay the watergate burglars hush money to remain silent
- nixon resigned because of it
- ford became president after nixon resigned; rockefeller was his VP
- *first unelected presidential team in history
Balance of payment?
the difference between what a nation recieves from foreign countries and what it spends overseas
- partnership between federal gov't and the states
- gives responsibility to state and local gov'ts
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview