Basic Nursing Skills Obj. 1-3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Basic Nursing Skills
1. Emergency Preparedness
2. Know Emergency Exits
-Code Gray is..
-Code Silver is..
- Code Gray: Combative person/ patient
- Code Silver: Person with a weapon and/or hostage situation
What do you do for an accident?
- 1. Think and Prevent them!
- 2. Educate the Patient on how to avoid accidents
- 3. Be aware of surroundings, observe, and first aid.
- - Incident report
- - If you have any knowledge of situation fill it out
- - No blame, used for education and prevention
- - do not chart that the incident report was filled out.
A. D. P. I. E.
- Assessment- collect data that is pertinent (having logical reason) to the patients health or the situation
- Diagnosis- analyzes assessment data to determine the issue and select diagnosis
- Plan- develo a plan that prescribe strategies that will attain the desired outcome.
- Implementation- implement the identified plan
- Evaluation- evaluates the patients progress towards attaining the desired outcome
- - Goals (short, long term)
- - Outcomes
SOAP NOTE stands for..
- Subjective- the patient states what they believe is the problem..
- Objective- What you see, hear, smell, touch , feel and measure
- Assessment- your diagnosis, what you think needs to happen
- Plan- plan of care
2. Medical Asepsis
3. Surgical Asepsis
- 1. Asepsis- Clean
- 2. Medical Asepsis- confining a specific microorganism to a specific area, or to limit the number of organisms, their growth and their transmission.
- 3. Surgical Asepsis (the Sterile Technique) - keeping an object free of microorganisms and spore. Used for surgery.
Transmission of Microorganisms
Six steps in the chain of infection are..
- 1. Etiologic Agent (Microorganism)
- 2. Reservior (Source)
- 3. Portal of Exit from reservoir
- 4. Method of Transmission
- 5. Portal of entry to the susceptible host.
- 6. Susceptible host
1. Hospital acquired infections
2. Can come from endogenous source
3. exogenous source
Most common microorganisms that cause exogenous infections are..
- 1. Endogenous- from the patients own body
- 2. Exogenous - Health care environment or personnel
E. coli, S. aureus, Enterococcus.
State the Causative agents of disease
- 1. Bacteria
- 2. Viruses
- 3. Fungi
- 4. Protozoa
- 1. Streptococci
- 2. Staphylococci
- 3. Diplococci
- 4. Bacilli
- 5. Spirilla
- 6. Rickettsiae
- 1. Smallest known causing agent
- 2. Cannot live outside the body
- 3. Examples are..
- - The common cold (self limiting)
- - Hepatitis, Herpes, HIV (causes serious illness and/or death)
- 1. Yeast or molds
- 2. Examples are:
- - Athletes foot cause by Fungi
- - Yeast infection (candida albicans)
- - Coccidiomycosis: Valley Fever (attacks the respiratory system)
- - Histoplasmosis: Bird Droppings_
- 1. Example of Parasite (lives on other living organisms)
- 2. Malaria caused by protozoa
- 3. Worms, ticks, fleas mites are examples of parasites
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview