Intro to VN Obj. 33-34
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List the type of Insurance
- 1. Private Insurance
- 2. HMO
- 3. PPO
- 4. DRG
- 5. Medicare
- 6. Medicaid
- 1. Individual Plan/ Employer
- 2. Fee for Service
- 3. Not for profit (Blue Shield)
- 4. Profit (Metropolitan/ Aetna)
- 1. Health Maintenance
- 2. They emphasizes client wellness and prevention of illness
- 3. A fee is set monthly for patient.
- 4. Referrals by PCP only
- 1. Preferred Provider Organization
- 2. Healthcare at a discounted rate.
- 3. Patient can choose which doctor
- 1. Diagnostic Related Groups
- 2. Reimbursement is made by dianosis
- 3. Followed by Medicare
- 1. Health Insurance Program for older adults.
- 2. Part A- people over 65 and/or with disabilities
- 3. Part B- voluntary and provides partial coverage to people eligible for part A.
- 4. Does not cover dental, eyeglasses, hearing aids and dentures.
- 5. Open enrollment Nov. 15- dec 31st
- 1. Federal public assistance program paid bytaxes.
- 2. Helps people who need financial assistance
- 3. There is an approval process
- 1. range of models to provide cost and effective care and quality outcomes.
- 2. Use clinical pathways to acheive progress
- 3. Plans intervention/ community services
- 4. cost effective.
1. Quality of care
2. Patient Saftey/Satisfaction surveys
3. Organize commitees
- 1. Step One: Identify - determines what should be improved
- 2. Step Two: Analyze - Understand the problem
- 3. Step Three: Develop - Hypothesize about what changes will improve the the situation and develop a plan based on these situations.
- 4. Step Four: Test and implement - test the plan!
- 1. Computer use
- 2. Types of health care settings
- 3. Health Promotion (HMO)
Health care settings
- 1. Public Health
- 2. Clinics
- 3. Rehab
- 4. Industrial Clinics
- 5. Home Health
- 6. Hospice
- 7. LTC/Assisted Living
- 8. Crisis Centers
- 9. Self Help Groups
- 10. Surgery Centers
Ethical Issues Facing Nurses
- 1. Telling the truth
- 2. Confidentiality
- 3. Right to Die.
- 4. Scarce Resources
- 5. Values
- Ethics- expected standards of moral behavior
- Morals- personal standards of what is right and wrong
- Beliefs- opinions that people accept as true and judged as correct or incorrect
- Attitudes- thoughts or feelings towards a person or idea. Can be judged as good or bad
- 1. Abortion
- 2. Euthanasia- Passive
- 3. Organ transplant
- 4. AIDS
- 5. DNR (Do Not Resitate)
- Autonomy- The right to make ones own decision
- Nonmaleficence- Duty to do no harm
- Beneficence- Doing good
- Justice- Fairness
- Fidelity- Faithful
- Veracity- Telling the truth
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview