Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When and where were dinosaurs wiped out?
- -65 millions years ago
- -Giant impact at Cretaceous-Tertiary (K-T) boundary
The Key distinguishing aspect of Homo genus and uses
- -frees arms
- 1. Foraging and feeding
- 2. Using tools
- 3. Fighting
- 4. Bringing food back to family
- 5. improved thermal regulation (Factor of 4)
The last ice age was
18,000 years ago
Factors for the development of human intelligence
- 1. Environmental pressures
- 2. Social interactions
- 3. Sexual selection
- 4. Nutrition
The learned behavior transmitted from generation to generation
Early humans used fire how many years ago?
790,000 years ago
The first "killerapp"
The control of fire
What did fire provide for early and modern humans?
- 1. Light (extending walking hours)
- 2. Warmth
- 3. Protection from predators and insects
- 4. Tool for hunting and tool making
- 5. Colonize in colder climates
- 6. Cook food
- 7. Improve communication skills
First evidence of Homo sapiens
- 195,000 years ago
- -Omo river in Ethiopia
Humans trading how many years ago?
120,000 years ago
where did trade evolve from?
Specialized sex roles in humans
How does specialization roles promote economic growth?
Humanity's second killer app
When and where was human civilization born?
- -8,000 years BC
- -In the Fertile Crescent, southwest Asia
Humanity third "killer app"
The cultivation of grain
What is civilization characterized by?
- 1. agriculture
- 2. long-distance trade
- 3. Occupational specialization
- 4. Urbanism
The first working steam engine was invented by
- James Watt in 1765
- - converted heat from burning fuel into kinetic energy
The key resources that made the industrial revolution possible
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview