Intro to VN Obj. 35-38
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Equal Employment Opportunity Law
- 1. No discrimination
- 2. Worker's Compensation if employee is injured on the job
- 1. Stands for Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- - Safety devices
- - Infectious wastes (bagging, do not shake the linen)
- - there is a plan in case you do get explosed
- - latex allergies
- - Standard precautions (Tier 1)
- - transmission based precautions (Tier 2)
what are they?
- 1. Hand Hygiene
- 2. Personal Protective Equipment (Gloves, Gown, Mask, etc. )
- 3. Patient-Care Equipment
- 4. Environmental Control
- 5. Linen
- 6. Occupational Health and Bloodborne Pathogens
- 7. Patient Placement
Transmission Based Precautions
1. Airborne/ Droplet
2. Contact (VRE/ MRSA)
Wear Personal Protective Equipment
Hazard Communication Standard
- 1. Material Safety Data Sheet
- 2. Any Chemicals that you may get exposed to
- 3. Cheomotherapy one exampe of MSDS
- 4. How to clean up in case of accidental spill
Controlled Substance act
- 1. Regulates how often a prescription should be filled.
- 2. Determines how abuse potential of drug should be addressed.
- 3. Est. Programs to treat drug dependance.
Legal Issues that affect nurses
- 1. Assualt - verbal
- 2. Battery - physical
- 3. Libel- defamation (communication that is false) by means of print, writing, or pictures
- 4. Slander- defamation by spoken word that can cause damage to a persons reputation.
- 5. Informed consent
- 6. False Imprisonment
- 7. Privacy/ Confidentiality
Common Causes of Nursing Lawsuits
What is the most common cause of nursing lawsuits?
- 1. What is most common cause of nursing lawsuits?
- Medical Errors
- 2. Know the six rights
- 3. Professional liability
- 4. Falls
- 5. Inadequate patient assessment
- 6. Unperformed care
- 7. Failure to Communicate
- 8. Malpractice/ negligence/ reporting abuse
- 9. Patients Bill of Rights (1972 AHA)
The Nursing Practice Act.
- 1. Defines and describe the scope of the nursing process
- 2. Protects the Public
- 3. Regulates the Practice of Nursing
Define the Six Rights
- Right Patient
- Right Medication
- Right Dosage
- Right Time
- Right Route
- Right Documentation
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview