Geology 101 HW11 pt. 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Solar output
- Earth's till
- Shape of Earth's orbit
- Composition:Atmosphere & Surface
- Circulation of the ocean
- the diffuse reflectivity or reflecting power of a surface.
- Ice, clouds, dust-incease the allbedo(make the earth shinier.
- Water, dark rock
- Carbon dioxide [CO2]
- Methane [CH4]
- Water [H2O]
- CHLOROFLUOROCARBON [CFCs]
- Absorb infra-red
the degree of variation of life forms within a given species, ecosystem, biome, or an entire planet.
a pathway by which a chemical element or molecule moves through both biotic (biosphere) and abiotic (lithosphere,atmosphere, and hydrosphere) compartments of Earth.
Cooling off since 55 Myr
- 40 Ma Antarctica isolated
- 27 Ma claciers Antarctica
- 10 Ma, ice cheets on Ant. And N. America
- By 1.6 Ma - Begining of Ice Age
Why Cooling Trend?
- Motion of continents toward Poles
- Increase in albedo
- Fall in Sea Level
- Uplift of Tibetan and Colorado Plateaux
- 1. Eccentricty of Earth's orbit = shape change ~ 100,000yr cycles
- 2. Tilt of Earth changes 22-24 degrees ~ 41,000yr cycle
- 3. Earth's axis wobbles ~ 23,000yr cycle
- Changes distance from sun suring northern summers, important because N. Hemi has more land.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview