Card Set Information
Fast Track Cards set 2
What are Edit Validate Rules?
- Test validity of Single input value
- Built using Java
- Can be referenced in other rules
- Property Rules
- Validate Rules
Can a Validate rule verify data from another source system?
- Validate users and data from other systems
What category are Validation rules in?
- Process Category
What calls Validation rules?
- An Activity
- Flow Action
What do the following do when creating Validation Rules?
- Property: must be a single value property or reference to a property in repeating group
- Required: when checked user must input
- Conditions: allows for detailed conditions
- Continue: process other rows if current fails
What are the 4 Validate Entries?
- Validate: directly validate a top-level property
- Validate Each: directly validates an embedded property
- Call: calls another validate rule
- Call for each: calls another validate rule on an embedded page
What does the Expression Field produce?
- To determine the conditions of the validation select the Expression Field
- Click to find Expression Types
What are Work Parties?
- Persons, Organizations, or other entities involved in the progress of a work object
- May not have any responsibility
- Can be thought of entity "Data"
e.g., - Applicant for a quote; - External lender or insurer
What are work party roles?
- Roles can determine a work party's involvement (i.e., interested, originator, etc.)
- Work Party information is aggregated by party roles such as Originator, Customer, Manager, etc.
Where are Party Roles defined?
- In a Work Party rule
- Work Parties are named
- Listed in the Process category
What are out-of-the-box
classes used for?
- To hold commonly used Properties for Roles such as
What are the built-in classes used by the Party Class Field in the Work Parties form?
Data-Party-Com (for business orgs)
Data-Party-Gov (for government orgs)
Data-Party-Operator (for Process Commander Operators)
Data-Party-Org (for Non-Profit orgs)
What are Data Party Classes?
- Work Parties within Work Object
What are Work Parties primarily used for?
- User Interface display
What is the benefit of Work Parties?
- Makes it easy to capture and store info about a Party, Person, or other in a Work Object
What Property holds the details of each Work Party associated with a Work Object?
Out-of-the-box New Harness includes standard _______ and _______ Sections used to add work
How do you add Work Parties from Assignments?
- To allow users to add Work Parties while they process assignments, add
local flow action
for that assignment
What are Correspondence Rules?
- Templates used for out-going notifications
- Can include Properties & other rules for customized output
- Are located in Process Category
What is the tool used for preparing text in Correspondence?
- Rich Text Editor
What are the 4 Correspondence types?
- SMS Text
What 2 flow shapes are used for Correspondence Activities?
1) Notify - used to send Auto notification message about assignments
2) Utility - used to send other correspondence; use with OOTB CorrNew activity
How do you add Correspondence to a flow with a Notify shape?
- Attach notify shape to assignment shape (Notify is left facing arrow with solid back)
What are Standard Correspondence Activities?
Input Parameters: CorrName, PartyRole, Broadcast (sent to all parties)
What are Data Tables?
- Used for easily maintained Data Instances
- Data Table editor allows developer to easily maintain data instance that have a simple structure
- Can add, update, or delete instances of data for which no form is defined
When is a Data Table used?
- Use only for small data set
- Typically much of the data used by PRPC resides outside
Instead, create a separate DB table if your data set: contains hundreds of items, have high turnover, may be moved to other systems
Where do you click to create a Data Table?
- Click Application > Data Tables
- Starts Wizard
What do you specify in the Data Table Wizard form?
- Data Class & Parent Class
- Define Properties stored in the table
What does the summary screen of the Data Table Wizard display?
- Class generated with the data instances for the Data Table
What are Dynamic displays?
- a display is presented when a condition is met
e.g., a drop-down list of clients only appears if Preferred Client check box is checked
What are some exampels of Client-Side dynamic display functions?
- Client Events
- Dynamic conditional display of fields
- Dynamic selects
- Dynamic calculations
- "smart info" pop-ups
- HTML properties used to render properties in a fixed mode
>Many Rule-HTML-Property rules available OOTB
>Can create custom HTML Properties
What are the 2 integration components of PRPC's SOA framework?
What category are Connectors listed in?
- Integration-Connectors category
What are some examples of rules/data?
(Connector rules may also require other rules/data defining how to process or structure a request)
- MQ (Queue Information)
- RDB (Database Information)
- SOAP (Host Information)
- Parse & Stream rules (e.g., XML - parse or assemble stream)
What is the Integrator shape used for?
- Used in a flow to call an activity (which calls a connector rule)
>Steps in activity may update property values in the clipboard or call a method that calls the connector rule
What are the standard PRPC Connector Rules?
(Common Connector interfaces)
- SOAP and .Net
- IBM Websphere
- JMS (Java Messaging Service)
- Java (Interface to other Java apps)
- BPEL (With other rules engines)
- EJB (Server side interaction Java apps)
- File (Output file)
- HTTP (Send XML, text, etc.)
- J2EE (Connect to ext. systems using common client interface)
- RDB (Databases using SQL)
What is the connector shape?
- Rectangle box with clock on right
What is Pre-Flight?
- Reports result of several checks on the rules
- Checks for Warnings/Summarizes
>Warning by Rule Type chart
>Performance warnings by Rule Type
>% of Rules with warning Rule Type
>Warning by severity Pie Chart
- Encourages good design & summarizes warnings
How do you document your application?
(Best practice for developers)
- PRPC provides automated documents
>Assists developers in providing detailed applciation documentation
- Is only as good as the comments entered in History Tab of various rules
- Developers should be disciplined in commenting rules
What is Application Inventory?
- An HTML Page listing the rules associated with the currently selected application
- Select Application>Inventory
What is Application Document?
- MS Word listing all rules (useful for SOX purposes)
- Select Application > Document
What are the 3 report types?
1) List View
2) Summary View (can drill down)
What Slice are Reports found in?
- Monitor Activity
What is the most common type of Report used by Administrators?
- Rule Reports
What are the 4 Monitor Activity Report categories?
1) Monitor Assignments
2) Monitor Processes
3) Analyze Process Quality
4) Analyze Process Performance
How are Work Objects monitored?
- Processes can be monitored by Category & Dates
What are the 3 buttons used for browsing & customizing reports?
- Custom Report button for the list of custom reports
- Browse Category button is used to browse categories
- Create Custom Reports button starts the report wizard
Rule Reports available from menu
- Rule Checkouts
>Checked out by time
>Checked out by RuleSet, version
>Recently by me
>All by me
>Summary of all recently updated
>Summary of recently updated by RuleSet
What is the Report Wizard
- Report Wizard allows creation of Reports based on certain criteria
What reports are available to Managers?
- The WorkManager Portal allows managers to leverage over 40 OOTB work related reports.
- Can create own ad-hoc work reports using the Monitor Activity workspace.
What can be done in the Manager's Portal interface?
- Show work
- Process work
- Find work
Where is the Portal Layout Defined (e.g., Mgrs Portal)
- Portal layout is defined within an access group
- OOTB Portals:
How are Assignments Transferred?
- Managers can transfer from Operator to another or to Work Basket
- Assignments can be automatically transferred depending on an operator's availability
What are some examples of Bulk Processing?
- Bulk Processing can perform one action on each of multiple assignments
- Can perform on all assignments in a WorkList or WorkBasket
- Transfer work from select operator or from Select Work Basket
- Re-assign Operator's work to other operator or Work Basket
What is Case Management?
- Manage & coordinate the execution of separate but related processes.
e.g., Customer calls to log several related problems or a P.O. that requires each item to be ordered separately
What are the 2 ways PRPC manages Case Management?
What is the recommended practice for both covers & folders?
- Split a case into separately executing process (for concurrency)
- Split a case into separate Work Objects (allows the work objects to be opened and processed independently from one another
> Concurrent Execution
Can a Covered Work Object belong to multiple Covers?
- No - can only belong to 1 Cover
- Nested Covers are not allowed
Can a Cover include another Cover?
- No, nested Covers are not allowed
What OOTB rules allow users to navigate between Covers and Covered objects?
- Harness rules
How do you add Covered work to a cover?
- Cover Harness
What are Folders?
- Hold a collection of Work Objects, Covers, and/or other Folders
- Better for managing large sets of items (20 or more)
- Do not Provide coordinated processing
How do you navigate Folders?
- Like Covers, a built-in user interface is available for adding & removing items
In what circumstance are Rules Exported?
- Application migration (from Dev to QA, etc.)
>When moving from Elaboration phase to Transition phase
- Work is being done remotely with no access to the Internet
How are Rules exported?
(Part 1 of 2)
- Desired Rules and data must be:
>Downloaded from Server
>Imported in next environment
>It creates a Product Rule
>Zip file created from Product
>Zip is downloaded from Server
>Zip is uploaded in Server2
How are Rules exported?
(Part 2 of 2)
- Locate the Product Rule
>Select Rule by Type tool
>Select SysAdmin category
- Create and download the archive
>Click CreateZipFile button
>Enter Filename (e.g., MyFt55Work)
>After created, click hyperlink to download zip
Where do you navigate to Import Archive?
- File>Import>Import Archive
10 Guardrails to success?
1) Iterative approach
2) Establish a robust foundation
3) Do nothing that is hard (use OOTB)
4) Limit custom Java
5) Build for change
6) Design intent-driven process
7) Create easy to read flows
8) Monitor performance regularly
9) Calculate & edit Declaratively, not Procedurally
10) Keep security object-oriented too
Guard Rail definition number 3 - Do Nothing That is Hard
- Use OOTB functions - especially in the initial release
- Avoid custom HTML screens or adding buttons
- Always use "Auto generate HTML"
- Always use standard rules, objects, and properties
- NEVER add a Property to control status and typical work or for managing timing of work
Guard Rail definition number 2 - Establish a Robust Foundation
- Design Class Structure to comply with recommended class pattern
- Understandable, easy to extend and use the standard work and data classes
- Use organization entities as start pattern - then proceed with class groups
- Lead with Work Objects
- Position Rules correctly by class and/or ruleset
- Actively use inheritance to prevent Rule redundancy
Guard Rail Definition Number 5 - Build For Change
- Identify & define 10-100 specific rules that business users own and will maintain
- Activities should not be on this list
Guard Rail Definition Number 6 - Design Intent-Driven Processes
- Your app control structure must consist of Flows and Declarative Rules, calling Activities only as needed
> Use Flow Actions to prompt users for input
> Present fewer than 5 connector flow actions for any 1 assignment - if you need more re-design the process
> Maximize re-use, create activity rules with single purpose
Guard Rail Definition Number 7 - Create Easy-to-Read Flows
- Flows must fit on 1 page
- Must NOT contain more than 15 Smart Shapes (Excluding routers)
>If more than 15, create sub-flow or use Parallel Flows
Guard Rail Definition Number 9 - Calculate and edit Declaratively
- When rule of Property is calculated or validated, you must use declarative rules wherever appropriate
>Create a Declare expression rule instead of using a Property-Set method in an Activity
>Use a Declare Constraint rule instead of Validation Rule
Guard Rail Definition Number 10 - Keep Security Object-Oriented too
- Security design must be rules based and role-driven on who should have access to each type of work
>Never code Security controls
>Use standard PRPC access roels to start with
>Use RuleSets to segment related work for the purpose of introducing rule changes - not as security measure