Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Permanent Residents of Licensed Long-Term Facilities.
- Full coverage on eligables.
Recipients of BC Benefits. 100% coverage on eligables
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Free digestive enymes
- Children with disabilities in the At Home program.
- Full coverage of eligibles
- No Charge Psychiatric Medication Plan
- Coverage of certain psychiatic meds
- Registration is required
- BC Palliative Care Benefits Program
- 100% coverage
Plan P Eligibility
- Living at home
- Diagnosed w/ life threatening condition
- Life expectancy under 6 months
- Consent to care focused on pallative rather then treatment for cure
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
- St. Pauls Hospital
- Free antivirals for those enrolled
Reference Drug Program (RDP)
Pharmacare policy to encourage cost-effective first line prescribing for common medical conditions
RDP 5 Drug Classes
- H2 Blockers
- ACE Inhibitors
- Calcium Channel Blockers
Low Cost Alternative Program
Drugs not considered to be first-line therapies or have more cost-effective alternatives
- Special request for coverage sent to Pharmasave by a prescribing practitioner.
- Must prove that traditional drugs were tried and not adequate
Max supply on new prescription
Max supply on a prescription
Only when refill is requested when there is >14 days left on original prescription.
- Provincial Healthcare Plan
- Provides financial assistance for eligable prescriptions and supplies
- Assistance is based on income
Fair Pharmacare Plan
Breakdown of family incomes and relating deductions availlable to recieve.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview