Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
why might a person believe in Heaven
- religious beliefs
- communication with the dead - visions of the dead
- near-deaf experiences - biblical teachings
- ghosts and apparations - visions
what proof do we have that Heaven exists
Elijah was caught up into heaven, taken up in a whirlwind despite the fact that he never have tasted death before (II Kings 2:1-12)
what christians believe about life after death - Christians believe that when we die that is not the ...... . Although a person's ....... body dies , their ..... is still alive . Christians believe that God ..... our life on earth , and decides what happens to us in the ...... . some people will go to ........ , whilst other will got to ......... . Christians believe that by sending ....... to ........ , to ..... on the ...... , God made ..... ..... .... possible .
- life after death
Christians belief about life after death come from
- the bible (which includes Jesus' teachings)
- the chruches teachings
- their own relationship with God
Christians believe that after they die they will be
- resurrected just as Jesus was
- they will be given a new body
- they will not be born back into this world
- they will not just be a kind of spirit
- they will become a perfect version of themselves
- they will be able to continue living in Heaven with others
In todays world there is a wide variety of beliefs about life after death . Some people belive that
- there is no life after death as there is scientific proof to confirm it
- Others believe that there is life after death
if somebody belives there is no life after death then they think that
when a person dies , that is completely the end of their existance physically and spiritually
if somebody believes that there is life after death they believe that
when a person dies , they still exist in some way
why dont some people believ in life after death
- Some people do not want to believe in life after death, especially when they are severely depressed. These people want to believe that suicide would end their suffering, and that they do not have to continue to struggle
- Others believe that worrying about the future is a waste of time, and that everyday should be lived only as it comes - so they don't consider the conceptAcknowledging life after death is usually associated with a religion, and people who have been raised void of religious influence and are not of faith; may have trouble believing in something beyond the grave.
- Some people believe only in what they have direct evidence of, or have witnessed; and evidence of life after death can only be found when it is too late to come back and tell the world about.
jesus teachings in the bible - jesus death and ressurection
what does John 11:25-26 say
i am the ressurection and the life . He who believes in me will live , even though he dies ; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die
the bible tells us that Jesus died and rose again
so believers might have an eternal life
the bible teaches us that eternal life means
their soul will never die
the bible teaches us that if we believ in God we shall have an eternal life in
God decides who is worthy of eternal life . the Nicene creed of jesus :
he will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead , and hsi kingdom will have no end
christians beleive that some people will go to heaven after they die others will go to hell , this is confirmed in
Matthew 25:46 says
then they will go away to eternal punishment , but the righteous ro eternal life
many christains believe that
- God is heaven
- Jesus is in heaven with God
- Heaven is paradise
- Heaven is to be in the presence of God
the belief that God is in heaven is supported by
- the bible , and if often reffered to in Christain prayers
- teh lords prayer begins with these words "Our Father who is in Heaven , hallowed be your name"
Jesus calls Heaven "God throne" in
After Jesus dies , he was resurrected and appeared to his disciples . He then ascended to heaven according to the bible in
Jesus referred to heaven as paradise in
luke 23:43 says
"I tell you the truth , today you will be with me in Paradise
the bible says there will be no unhappiness in heaven in
Christains believe that when they die , their physical body ceases to exist , but their soul lives on . Christians beliefs vary , but
all believe in heaven and an eternal life with God
Some Christians believe that after physical death they stay in the ......... until the end of the world . When this happens God will .... everybody and alll will be ...... . everyone , ...... and ....-.... will face this ...... . Good Christains will be rewarded ...... , while evil people will be punished and sent to ....... . Because of this christaisn would prefer to be ....... rather than ......
Christians belive in judgement because
- St. Paul said this is what happens in 1 Corinthians 15 when he si writing about resurrection
- It was the body of Jesus that rose from the dead
the idea of judgement comes from
Some people believe that when they die their soul goes straight to ....... . They believe this because
- Jesus said to one of the thieves who died with him on the cross - "today you will be with me in paradise"
- the souls seem to be seperate from the body
catholics believe that when people die the souls of the very good people go straight to ...... . Other Christains are sent to ....... for a period of time to ....... them free from .... .
catholics belive that if those left on earth ....... for the people in .... , then their time there can be shortened . at the end of the world everyone will be raised from the ..... and Christaisn will go to ..... , while others go to .... . they believe this because it is the ........................
- teaching of the catholic chruch
Philippians 3:10-11 teaches Christians that to become Jesus they must :
die like Jesus , and they will be resurrected like Jesus and they will go to heaven if they do right
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview