The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- •Differentiate physiology and pathophysiology
- •Examine etiology of disease and its implications
- •Examine outcomes of different pathological conditions; effects on quality of life
- •Evaluate potential pharmacological treatments
- •Differentiate pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- •Differentiate side effect from adverse reaction
- •Explain routes of administration
- •Identify drug classifications and categories
- •Differentiate between drug trade, generic, chemical names
- •Understand drug safety regulations
- •Demonstrate ability to use drug reference materials
Definition of pathophysiology
The study of the physiological process leading to disease
Definition of pharmacology
The study of chemicals or drugs on living tissue
How many lectures are there?
What are the two required textbooks?
- Zelman, "Human Diseases: A Systematic Approach"
- Kamienski, "Pharmacology Demystified"
How many points are possible?