Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name some of the consequences of unrecognised mental health issues?
- Decrease individuals quality of life. Also their relatives
- Physical recovery hindered
- Unnecessary biomedical approach to a non physical illness
- Increased cost to the health service provider
- Delayed return to work causing possible financial strain
- Social Isolation
- Symptoms worsen due to undiagnosis
- Risk of suicide increase
What is mental health?
Psychological, emotional and behavioural wellbeing. The ability to form positive relationships; reach ones potential; deal with everyday hurdles.
How does MH impact a person?
It affects how a person feels, thinks and behaves
What are the engagement principles?
- Active listening
Why is the Biopsychological Model of Healthcare considered Holistic?
The biopsychological method is based on the Biological & Psychological and social / vocational aspects of an individuals life. So if an individual was using drugs this is considered a risk factor if the drug use is decreased then is becomes a protective factor. For each area there is a negative influence that can be countered by a positive action.
Fill in the blanks. Name Eriksons 8 stages of life?
- Shame and doubt
- Role confusion
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview